The MSc Project Management programme will equip you with the skills and knowledge to successfully manage projects in a variety of industries and contexts in China and around the world.
Suitable for both experienced professionals and those at the beginning of their project management career, the programme will give you essential skills in the management of stakeholders’ expectations, risk management and quality assurance of projects.
Combing theory and hands-on experience, you will learn how project management can be used as a tool to help grow business and achieve strategic objectives in an organisational setting.
The programme is delivered in the International Business School Suzhou (IBSS), one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). Less than 100 business schools worldwide have both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation.
Why should I study Project Management at XJTLU?
- Gain skills with universal relevance that can be used to shape the strategic direction of companies
- Learn how to effectively plan, implement, control, monitor, and handover projects of various sizes and complexities in a highly competitive global marketplace
- Graduate from a programme designed around globally recognised standards and frameworks such as PMI, IPMA, APM and GPM, giving you a pathway to gain highly sought-after certifications in project management
- Receive fully integrated MS Project software training with 24/7 access to the software
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- Start date
- Department International Business School Suzhou
- Attendance Full time
- Duration 18 months
- Prospectus No prospectus available
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the MSc Project Management, you will have:
- an understanding of the role of project management and the project manager in the life of a project
- knowledge of the components, processes, tools and techniques in the project management discipline as well as the interactions between these elements
- a critical understanding of project management, management and leadership theories and applications and how they apply to projects locally and across international borders
- the skills to initiate, plan, execute, control, lead, evaluate and close projects on time, within budget and with consideration to quality constraints
- the ability to apply a range of techniques to determine, document and refine project goals, performance requirements, deliverables, constraints and risks as well as use project schedules, resource budgeting and quality in the lifecycle of a project.
I’m learning how to focus on details and monitor each project, along with specific techniques and skills I can definitely use.Liping Tao Student, MSc Project Management, China
Additional learning activities
The completion of additional learning activities is required to complete your masters degree. Normally, required ALA hours will be distributed evenly across each semester, amounting to 200 hours per semester. Part-time programmes will normally require 100 to 150 hours per semester.Some mandatory additional learning activities are given below. Please check the programme specifications for a complete list of ALAs and related requirements.
- Introduction to research methods I
- Introduction to research methods II
- Chinese stage I (for international students)
- Chinese stage II (for international students)
- Project management software training.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared to work in project management roles across a range of industries including e-commerce, oil and gas, software, IT, construction, airlines, consulting, retail and manufacturing. As Asia continues to develop new business and economic, graduates are expected to enjoy excellent employment prospects as demand grows for project management professionals able to work confidently in an international context. The programme also provides a solid foundation for pursuing further study.
RMB 120,000 for the entire 18 month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, the University of Liverpool or Xi’an Jiaotong University, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Masters students have the option to pay tuition fees in instalments each semester. You can also choose to pay the fees upfront at the time of registration, in this case a discount of five percent of the total fees will be offered.
You will be asked to indicate how you would like to pay the fees when you confirm your acceptance of the unconditional offer.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 percent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Minimum entry requirements
Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note:Shanghai Ranking of The Best Chinese Universities is subject to annual update http://www.zuihaodaxue.com/zuihaodaxuepaiming2019
Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Equivalent academic qualifications
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in any discipline.
English language requirements
If English is not your native language or if you have not studied in English at degree level, you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. You should normally possess one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
If you miss the English language requirements by 0.5 – 1.0 of an overall IELTS band but meet the language requirements for the Pre-sessional English (PSE) courses (including minimum component scores or equivalents), you may be accepted onto the PSE course subject to Programme Director’s approval. Upon successful enrolment on the PSE course, you will be able to change your XJTLU Master’s offer letter to ‘Unconditional’ for English level.
If you are a conditional offer holder, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to take the onsite Password English language test provided by XJTLU in lieu of an IELTS/TOEFL or its equivalent.
Please note that the Password Test is only available to students who have been issued a conditional offer to study at XJTLU. The University provides one Password Test opportunity for each conditional offer holder. Based on the score, students may be admitted or may be required to take and successfully complete the five- or eight-week intensive English presessional course.
Additionally, students who are admitted onto a Master’s programme by taking the Pre-sessional English (PSE) Course are required to complete English language modules listed on the Programme Specification on a pass/fail basis as part of their Additional Learning Activity plan during their studies at XJTLU.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time. If you need to provide any additional supporting documents after you submit the application online, please send the documents to email@example.com(with your application ID, name, and applied programme name).
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.