UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Film and television production are significant developing industries in China, with an increasing emphasis on international collaborations. You have a chance to be a part of this development.
Have you ever wanted to create drama and documentaries for a vast, worldwide audience? Have you ever wanted to be a creative visual storyteller? If you want to use your storytelling ability to keep the audience in keen anticipation of the next episode, then this is the programme for you.
BA Film and Television Production is an intensive, practice-based, creative programme where you will produce innovative media content. Your practice will include documentaries and fiction, the craft of storytelling, the art of cinematography, sound design and editing.
You will also learn to understand audiences and future media trends. Upon graduation, you will be well prepared to work in local, national and international media industries.
Why should I study Film and Television Production at XJTLU?
- Enjoy new, state-of-the-art facilities that include filming equipment, a fully functional digital media lab, cutting-edge studios with multicamera setups and a cinema for student project screenings
- Learn to use project-management and other international industry software
- Learn from international, award-winning staff with industry expertise, and industry guest speakers
- Experience a collaborative, project-based program, with the possibility of working on live projects and opportunities for work experience
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BA Film and Television Production, you will have:
- a full awareness of your creative potential as a content creator, with the ability to take your knowledge, specialist skills and understanding into the world of media industries
- knowledge of production techniques, research and routines/processes within the media industries
- advanced, specialist skills in professional practices, contexts and research processes within the broadcast television and digital video production industries
- a high level of communication skills in the presentation of creative, critical, professional work
- the ability to produce work that is informed by and contextualised within relevant theoretical issues and debates.
Graduates will be well prepared for positions in a modern media landscape, including those of producer, director, writer, content creative for web and social media platforms, cinematographer, sound designer, post-production editor, advertising creative and digital media entrepreneur. Typically, graduates will either work in a large media company or start up a company of their own.
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Early bird discount
All international students who accept their offer by 1 May 2020 will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Join a free Chinese language course
We now offer a free summer Chinese language course for all undergraduate and postgraduate students starting their degree in September 2020.
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Early bird discount
All Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students who accept their offer by 1 May 2020 will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students who apply to XJTLU through the Joint Entrance Examination on the governmental online application system (Education Examination Authority of Guangdong Province) will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Mainland Chinese students
RMB 88,000 er academic year
The Film and Television Production programme fosters creativity; taking talented, aspiring students and turning them into creative professionals capable of working both nationally and internationally.Garrabost Donald Jayalakshmi Programme Director
How to apply
This course opens to international students from September 2017.
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time.
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.
Note: This programme is subject to final validation from the University of Liverpool.