Most students start their studies in Year One, where they take a range of interesting content and language modules to equip them with the core skills they need in the later years of their degree. These skills include a basic level of ability in their chosen additional language. However, some students are able to enter directly into Year Two of this programme, if they possess appropriate qualifications.
With China’s growing presence in international markets and its rising influence on global economics, a sound knowledge of international business issues is becoming increasingly important for university graduates seeking roles in both international and Chinese organisations. The BA International Business with a Language programme aims to enhance your employability by equipping you with:
- a broad and comprehensive knowledge of international business issues
- knowledge of functional areas of business and management in an international context
- communication skills in both English and an additional language (Chinese, Spanish or Japanese)
The programme is delivered in the International Business School Suzhou (IBSS), one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). Fewer than 100 business schools worldwide have both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation.
Why should I study International Business with a Language at XJTLU?
- Take advantage of internships with and field trips to Fortune 500 multinational companies within the Suzhou Industrial Park area of Suzhou and the greater Yangtze River region
- Learn from a curriculum that combines traditional business theories with broader theoretical knowledge and practical studies of the key success factors that influence business in an international context
- Gain new language skills
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System）in 2016 and 2018 respectively. AACSB accreditation is a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation. The EQUIS accreditation is a quality certification system for business schools set up by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). It has become the most global authoritive and select business school certification body in the world with its comprehensive and rigorous review process. IBSS becomes the youngest business school in the world to have received both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation. There are only less than 100 business schools that have received both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. This is an important milestone in becoming a world class business school and highlights the strength and significant influence of IBSS at the international level.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation and IBSS is the youngest school ever to have achieved it.
- Start date
- Department International Business School Suzhou
- Attendance Full time
- Duration Three or four years
- Prospectus Download file (This link opens in a new window)
- Accreditation AACSB
BA International Business with a Language More about qualifications
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BA International Business with a Language, you will have:
- knowledge of the key principles of doing international business with an understanding of the complexities of the international business environment
- the ability to reflect critically on the operation and strategies of international businesses
- the skills to communicate effectively in English, as well as in Chinese, Spanish or Japanese
- broad and comprehensive knowledge of international business issues and the relatedness and interaction of many functional areas of business and management in an international context
- the demonstrated skills, competencies and understanding required to operate appropriately, ethically, productively and with confidence when managing businesses in the international arena, especially in countries where the language of study is spoken.
I decided to choose international business because it's really specific and multivariate. Business and language courses help me to develop myself to the largest extent.Yuou Sun Student, BA International Business with a Language, China
- Introduction to Organisation and Management
- Managing Across Borders
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Foundations of Finance
- Economic Principles for Business and Markets
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Language option: Chinese I or Spanish I or Japanese I
- English Language and Study Skills 3 for Business .
There is a growing need for multilingual graduates with international business knowledge and experience. Study and summer school abroad opportunities in countries where the target language is spoken as well as internship opportunities in multinational organisations provide students with the skills to respond to the dynamic and volatile international business environment of today. Graduates from this programme will be well-prepared for further, more specialised postgraduate study or careers in different functional areas of business including marketing, management, import-export, logistics and general administration.
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Early bird discount
All international students who accept their offer by 1 May 2020 will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Join a free Chinese language course
We now offer a free summer Chinese language course for all undergraduate and postgraduate students starting their degree in September 2020.
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Early bird discount
All Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students who accept their offer by 1 May 2020 will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan students who apply to XJTLU through the Joint Entrance Examination on the governmental online application system (Education Examination Authority of Guangdong Province) will automatically qualify for a RMB 8,000 early bird discount.
Mainland Chinese students
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Please visit the entry requirements page for the comprehensive list of qualifications required to study at XJTLU.
The reason that I chose this programme is because of my curiosity for language. As I have begun to study Spanish, I feel that I have met with more than just the language, the words and the pronunciation, but also the lives of the people in other parts of the world.Linhan Wang Student, BA International Business with a Language, China
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the APPLY link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time.
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.